Saturday, February 12, 2011

Shopping excursion

I went shopping the other day because let’s be honest, saggy crotch is not a sexy look…on anyone. So I went to Kohl’s with a GC from my mother, intent on only getting some pants for work. Did not work out that way. I spent the whole thing and to be honest, it was a good thing. trying on pants has never been so fun or exciting or daunting in my whole life. I always knew when I’d gained a size and I adjusted my shopping to take that into account. Today was not like that at all. I took at least three pairs of different sized pants into the dressing room, completely unsure of what size I needed. So I started with a size 18w and those were still too big. Went down to a size 16w and those are still too big. So I went to a size 16 in missus’s. Those were a bit snug, but they fit. I ended up with two pairs of khaki’s in the 16w and two pairs of jeans in the 16 missus’s. I think the only reason the 16’s were snug is because it’s that time of the month…which is okay. I’ll be down another size by the end of the month so it’s not going to stop me. I’m also fitting into an XL in shirts. A far cry from the 18/20 I was wearing little more than 3 months ago. Whoo hoo!

Because of all this, I got rid of a few things in my closet. That felt good to, so see clothes going out that no longer fit, new clothes going in the smaller size. I even fit a pair of boxers I bought too small before surgery, planning on fitting into them once I got through surgery. Fitting into them is an accomplishment for me and I feel very good. I’ll be taking pictures soon and posting them.

No comments: