Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dressing

Sometimes, dressing can be a problem for me. It didn’t used to be. I mean…I was a size 20/22 and the plus size section was my area. I knew what to wear, how to wear it and what not to wear. No issues covering the fat and the rolls.

Now, that I can shop literally wherever the hell I want to…it’s a little harder. See, I never got to dress all that cute growing up, since I’ve always been a big girl. 14 and up were my sizes and until now, there have been slim pickings for the big ladies. Now, I have fewer restrictions on what my options are and can I say…overwhelming? At times, I feel that I might be dressing too young, but I can’t be sure. I am in my early thirties, but people keep thinking I’m in my mid-20’s. At times…yes it goes to my head.

Technorati Tags: ,
IMG_0015

Like the outfit above…is that too young for a 33 year old? Or am I okay? Anybody else out there with this kind of dilemma? How do you reconcile the fact that you have lost weight with the person you used to be, the way you used to dress? Do you feel you should be able to make up for the missed years of being too big to enjoy all the pretty clothes? I really want to know.

2 comments:

Linda Sherwood said...

I am probably the wrong person to ask because I am clueless too, but I don't think it is too young. I think we might feel it might be because of the pink color. I like the heels.

Mr. and Mrs. said...

I say dress however you want as long as things are covered and are wearing your size (rather than a size or two smaller as I see some of the younger girls doing)! Classy clothes have no age limit/restriction!