Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Something different

This post isn’t so much about me as it is my husband. He has decided that he’s going to have gastric bypass. I did not talk him into this, or coerce him in any way. I actually tried to talk him out of it, since I didn’t want anyone to think those very things. He keeps looking at me though, jealous of the weight I’m losing and I think…he wants to make a change as well.

We have a consultation with Dr. Snyder on the July 12 and from there, I think we are going to be off and running. I’m excited and nervous for him. excited because I think this will help him with getting the job that he really wants and help out with some of the issues he’s having because of all the weight he’s carrying. I’m nervous because I don’t know if he’s mentally ready for this change. He still eats HUGE portions that he barely chews. there are other things as well, such as him not being ready to give up certain foods, the lack of exercise, not wanting to chew slow and take his time eating. I just…worry that it’s not going to be smooth sailing for him.

For now, we are going to take it a day at time, get him used to the portion sizes that he needs to eat and other things before this consultation.

We shall see.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

My husband and I are both sleeved...it is a great journey to be on together. Congrats, hope his appointment goes well!

Desiree Rogers said...

Thanks Sheila. He's nervous now, but i think he'll do fine.