Monday, February 21, 2011

New Idea…

I think I want to try to cook something new everyday. I can’t really eat most of it, but I have this desire to cook. Now that I’m no longer hungry in the same sense, I find my desire to cook nearly overwhelming. Is this what they mean when they say you find a new obsession after wls? It feels like the same one, only a different focus. Now I want to cook. I want to stay home and cook and all day, finding new recipes, trying new things. I can’t explain it. I always wanted to be a chef, but something held me back. It might have been my love of food, not wanting it to be damaged by the demands of school and structure and having to be perfect. Now that I’ve had the surgery, the urge is back, strong. I don’t really get hungry at the food, though some smells bring back a mouth watering sensation. I think it’s more like a memory than anything else. Cuz once I eat it, even if it’s a taste…I’m pretty much done for the day. I don’t need anything else. I also realized that I get hungry only cuz I know I’m supposed to. If I don’t think about my schedule for a minute of when I should eat and when I should drink…I go off the grid and just drink all day. Then, at the last minute, I go “Oh crap, I should be eating.” and then I go and eat some protein and I’m done. I think that would make a good cook in the kitchen, but I can’t be sure. At least I wouldn’t gain a lot of weight nibbling on everything.

I do have a few ideas on opening my restaurant(s) but I’m still on the fence. I def want a place for bariatric patients to eat and not feel that they are wasting their money. More like a place to eat for all people who are on diets or some kind of special eating plan. Hmmm…ideas are flowing now.

No comments: