Monday, February 14, 2011

Dumping

This is a dreaded reaction to eating too much sugar or carbs, in which your stomach cramps, you might have diarrhea, sweats, upset stomach, vomiting, nausea, other horrible things.

I’ve been dreading this happening to me since the surgery, avoiding sugar at all costs. But lately, I’ve had the worst gas ever. I know, you really want to know this. It started at the beginning of the week and has lasted nearly the entire time. Sometimes it would dissipate and then I’d eat something and it would come back. So, I’ve suffered through it, thinking that I was just me. Only today did I realize that it was my dumping, after about a bite of cake for someone’s birthday. I GET GAS WHEN I DUMP! WTF? That is my dumping. I don’t know if I’m happy or sad about this. I mean…really?

So with that figured out…hopefully, I can deal with this in the correct way, which is to further restrict my sugar intake until I can figure out just what my limit is and deal with it.

No comments: