Monday, December 30, 2013

New Reflections

Sometimes, when I look in the mirror, I don’t recognize myself. The face, the body…the attitude. It’s all new but the same.

                     

(A picture before work)

The face though, that’s what gets me. Smaller, more angular than I’ve ever seen. Not a bad thing, just new. Even now, after nearly three years of being on the other side of obese, I still have issues with the new me. Or should I say newly remodeled me. I’m not new, just different. I wouldn’t say issues though, more like coming to grips with who I am and where I’m at with my life.

Shopping has become a new high, my new food replacement so to speak.

Has that happened to you yet?

Seems I've traded one addiction for another. Why is that? A new sense of who I want to be, who I am as well. Is this normal? I need to go back to support group, reconnect with those that went in this journey with me. Maybe then I’d feel less alone of this trip.

1 comment:

Amester said...

You look fabulous! I am about to get on the "Loser's Bench" in a few weeks. I am a revision VSG from a Band. I got to goal and stayed at goal for nearly 2 years before my Band slipped and had to be removed. I never thought that I would be on the wrong side of the BMI scale again.... I had worked through so many of the "remodel phase", finally really good with the "new" me, but it is something that I had to work at, CONSTANTLY. My happiness finally wasn't from the number on the scale, it was the happiness that I was finally as good to myself as I wanted others to be to me. I am starting out this journey (part 2) with the knowledge that I am ME in here, just with some little fluffy covering.... Continue to surround yourself with people that remind you what a good friend and person you are and not so much of those who don't make you feel that way about yourself. 2014 is going to be great!!