Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dining out

The hubby wanted to eat out and I now wanting to cook, said okay. Only thing was where to eat. With the stage of the diet that I’m at, I have to be very particular about what it is that I eat and where. A steakhouse…doesn’t make sense. Denny’s…ok. So, the hubby decided that he needed to go to Red Robin and have a monster burger. Fine with me. Taking one of my BFF’s with me, we headed out.

We got there and I asked for a kids a menu. For some strange reason, I thought that it would be ‘lighter’ than the adults. NO SUCH LUCK. the menu was minisucle, with about 7 items to choose from. The only think that even remotely looked like I could eat it was the chik on a stick. Some kind of grilled chicken pieces shoved on a stick. Hmmm…did not catch my fancy. The sides they had for the kids menu were good, but the main entrée’s…eh.

So I went back to the main menu and found the salmon burger. that looked promising, so I ordered it. Very tasty, with a nice spicy sauce on top. I had about an ounce of meat, no breat or the fries since they were fried and then I was done. I know the waitress was looking at me crazy, but hey…my stomach is smaller than a baby’s so get over it.

So, Red Robin is a viable place for me to eat later on. they had a few entrée’s like chicken and such, but those plates were too huge for me to eat at this point and I would have had leftovers for days. But still…not a wash out.

Good times.

No comments: