Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bad day…

Yesterday was a really bad day for me and the cooking bug. Started off nice, found a recipe in a kids cookbook about how to make food for toddlers and you. Seemed simple enough…chicken nuggets. the original recipe called for frying them, but since I can’t eat fried food, I baked them.

1st mistake: I had the oven set at 400 for the beets I was roasting when I put in the nuggets.

2nd mistake: baked them too long at this high heat and thus…they were dried out.

Now, I didn’t think this would be an issue, since I normally eat dried out white meat. Yes…I’m crazy like that. I also like stale peeps and popcorn, so sue me.

Anyways, ate a few bites of the chicken nuggets and they seemed to go down…okay…until they got stuck in my tube. Now…when you have bariatric surgery and it’s the gastric, the narrow the passage way that the food takes to the size of a pencil eraser. Which is why you have to chew your food to a literal pulp to get it down, that and small bites. Something must have gone wrong, because I was in pain for a long time last night. that is, until I got it to come back up. I know, gross, but a warning to others in my postion.

So…I guess this means no more dried out meat. DAMN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't get discouraged, I had a cooking disaster myself last night...I wasn't in pain afterwords though so I guess you win!? Anyways, just found your blog and I think your story is incredible. You are very brave and thoughtful to share it with the world. Best of luck on your journey and please stop by my blog for some extra tips!