Thursday, December 30, 2010

PBNB-make sense?

My husband gets the weirdest cravings sometimes. We’ll be watching something on TV and he’ll turn to me and say “Can you make that?” Before the surgery, the answer would be yes and we’d be off to the store, getting what we needed and eating all night long. These days, those options are limited. Doesn’t mean that he still doesn’t get cravings, but lately, I use what’s in the house, especially if I can’t eat it. I mean, why keep it if I’m not enjoying it. So, that is how we came up with PBNB-peanut butter nutella banana quesadillas. Can you sense a theme here with the whole quesadilla and tortilla thing? I bought a huge bag and now I have to use them before they go bad.

Back to the food. It was a cold night as well, so I thought I would make some from scratch hot cocoa.

Here’s what went down:

1 tortilla

2 tbsp. of nutella

2 tbsp. of peanut butter

1 ripe banana

1 tsp. of sugar

2 tbsp. of butter

2-3 tbsp. of walnuts, peanuts, pecans or any nut you have on hand.

Preheat skillet or cast iron skillet on medium heat, melting butter. You’re not cooking anything, but the chocolate needs to get gooey.

Slice bananas and put into a small bowl. Toss with sugar gently and set aside. Spread nutella on one side of tortilla and peanut butter on the other. gently spoon banana’s on either side of tortilla and fold over, making sure to seal the edges to the best of you ability. put into skillet and cook each side 3-4 minutes, or until sides are golden brown. IMG_0002

Take out and cut in half or into fours.

IMG_0001

IMG_0003

IMG_0015

The cocoa was simple:

2 cups milk

1/4 cup sugar

1/3 cocoa powder

1/2 tsp. of salt

Heat all ingredients in a small sauce pan until bubbles come up on the sides of the pan.Do not boil.Once the bubbles form, spoon into mugs and enjoyIMG_0016

and for this night, my husband's cravings were quelled, but he still wants a sandwich with bacon, chocolate and bananas. I’m not doing it!


Dessert Quesadillas on FoodistaDessert Quesadillas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this quesadilla widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes for quesadillas,Thanks!