Thursday, December 30, 2010

New old stuff

Last night was another adventure into leftover cooking. No quesadillas this time, since I ran out of tortillas. This time, we made spaghetti, using the rest of the pork and a few other vegetables I had in the fridge. Chop up a little celery and onion, add the pork, some barbecue sauce, fresh squeezed orange juice, orange zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and you have a whole new item on the menu.

Alas, I did not get to eat any of this. I am not allowed to eat pasta at this stage of eating, so I just watched from the sidelines, drinking water. I can’t remember what I ate, but I’m sure it was good. It’s funny how after surgery, I can barely remember eating, but before, I’d be all about it. I talked to my PCP the other day about how I still have the mentality of wanting to eat everything on my plate, but the reality is that I can’t. I have to retrain myself to listen to my body and not ignore the signs that I’m full, otherwise, what was the point of the surgery?

Starting Monday, the hubby and I are going to have a whole new meal scenario. No more huge portions for him, no more fatty foods, though I will allow him a treat or two. I’ve noticed that if you deny yourself something for too long, you binge. So better to treat than to explode in anger at not having a cookie. I also got us new workout clothes and we WILL be joining a gym. Once I’m off this restriction of not lifting over 10 lbs, it’s on.

No comments: