Thursday, May 23, 2013

Flashback...


 Written on 02/17/2010 :

Sleep Study

I did the sleep study on 02/17/2010 and I have to tell you…it was nothing. I mean it really was. I went in, changed into my p.j.’s while watching some TV. Then, they stuck all these little electrodes on me and hooked me up to a brain reading machine. I’ve oversimplified, but you get the gist. The only downside was the fact they had to stick the damn things on my head. Now, my braids have this waxy, sticky stuff in that I can’t really get out. Every time I go to scratch my head, I come away with this buildup under my fingernails. Ewwww! Ah well, it was okay. I pretty much slept in one position the whole night, since they’d stuck the sensors to my legs and the tape kept pulling on the hair. (Note to self: shave next time.)

So the tech kept telling me about how she would have to wake me if I stopped breathing or anything like that and put a mask on me. I prayed on that, not wanting to be woken and told that I was going to have to wear a mask. It is not something I like to think about. So imagine my surprise when she woke me at five and said: you don’t qualify. Took me a looooonnnngggg moment to figure out what the hell she was talking about. Oh duh…no mask for me. Very happy about that. Still, I would like to know why I A.) snore, B.) drool, C.) wake with a dry, film covered mouth. Probably TMI, but oh well.

There will be a follow up appt next week where the Dr. and I will discuss the results and what is going on. Gotta say…I’m getting nervous/excited/nauseas about how fast this is going. I know that it’s what’s best for me at this point and that I’m finally taking control of my health. I just sometimes get a little…worried. I’m not sure about what, but there’s something nagging me as I hurdle along this path that I’ve stepped on.

No comments: