Saturday, December 8, 2012

Timing…

I missed an appointment with Dr. Snyder a few months ago. It’s was a yearly checkup I think, but still a big deal. I’m not sure why I missed it. Other than the whole divorce thing…and not having a car at the time…and possible weight gain.

Gasp…weight gain you say! say it ain’t so.

Yes…I think I’ve gained weight. Not enough to freak out about, but enough that I know I’m having issues. I’m still within my target weight goal (I think) but it’s enough for me to take stock of my life and realize I’m not taking care of myself. I’m not staying on schedule, I’m not watching my intake, which is still low. Good news is that I’m slowly getting back on track, watching the intake and trying to maintain a schedule. I’m not going to lie, once you fall off…it’s a bitch to get back on. You keep missing the step, falling on your face and eating dirt. But, if you want it bad enough, you keep chasing the bus, yelling at it to at least slow down so you can catch a hand rail.

Did I mention that I’ve also missed all the support group meetings as well? Those really hit me on how much I miss them. I miss the people and having someone else to talk to. A chance to get out of my head and be free for an hour. I need to start that again. Talking to people might help me over this hump or slump or whatever it is.

First step is to get in to see Dr. Snyder. I may be in the middle of a mess, but if I don’t take care of me, who will?

No comments: