Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chinese fake out

A few days ago, I was flipping through the cookbook that my BF’s sister gave me for Christmas, Now Eat This! by Rocco Dispirito and I decided to try the recipe for Almost General Tso’s chicken. I’ve been craving Chinese food for a while now, but it’s a risky thing to order out when you’re not really sure what’s in the food. At the risk of dumping or having other issues, I’ve been avoiding it for a while. With this recipe under my arm, I decided to see what I could do.

Menu:

Almost General Tso’s chicken

Fried noodles

It’s a bit labor intensive, with cooking the chicken separately and then adding it to the sauce, but in the end…so worth it. I had a few pieces, along with a bit of the fried noodles I invented and all was happy. At first. Then, after letting it sit for a while, I realized it was too much for me. I had to hit the restroom and stay there. I filled me up too much and I paid for it. Also, I think the spice from the chili garlic sauce did me in as well. I don’t seem to be able to handle spice as well anymore. I can do pepper, but if it’s anything other than that…it’s not sitting well for me. DAMN IT!

Still, I think that if I ate less or waited until my stomach is a bit bigger, I could handle it. The noodles were good and I could do them again, only with some protein in them like grilled chicken or perhaps some ground pork or beef.

No comments: